A delicious and hearty dish from WeightWatchers. 14 ProPoints values per serving, 28 ProPoints values per recipe.
- 325 g (11 ½ oz) skinless boneless chicken thighs
- calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 0.5 pointed red pepper, de-seeded and sliced into thin rings
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp ras-el-hanout
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) dried brown basmati rice
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) unsweetened orange juice
- 100 ml (3 ½ fl oz) vegetable stock
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) fresh mango, sliced thinly
- 3 fresh coriander sprigs, leaves removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray the chicken with the cooking spray. Heat a lidded flameproof casserole dish or heavy based saucepan over a medium heat then brown for 3 minutes on each side until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside, covered.
- Spray the casserole dish with the cooking spray. Add the onion then cover and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, and adding a splash of water if the onion starts to stick. When the onion has softened, stir in the red pepper, garlic, ras-el-hanout, ground coriander, thyme and rice. Cook for 2 minutes until the rice is opaque.
- Pour in the orange juice and stock, stir and then bring to the boil. Place the chicken on top of the rice and reduce the heat to the lowest setting. Cover and cook for 20- 25 minutes or until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Divide the rice and chicken between two serving plates. Season to taste and then scatter the mango and fresh coriander over the top.
Cooks tip: If freezing, transfer to a freezer proof container. Before serving, defrost thoroughly and then put in a lidded flameproof casserole dish. Add a splash of water to prevent the rice from sticking then cover and reheat over a medium-low heat until piping hot.
More by Weight Watchers:
- The Morning After the Night Before: One Pan Fry-up
- Salmon burger on rye with horseradish cream
- One pot spring lamb casserole