- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 crushed cloves garlic
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 100 ml marsala
- 1/2 medium white of leek
- 100 g prosciutto
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 servings of cooked fettuccine (approx 100g per person)
- 1 l heavy cream
- Slice up the chicken breast thinly but not too thin.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pot and add the chicken.
- Season and cook until golden brown all over.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook until a little colour appears, now add the leeks and cook until soft.
- Slice the prosciutto and add deglaze with the marsala.
- Reduce by half, add the cream and reduce rapidly, adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Drop the cooked pasta back into a pot of boiling salted water for 15 seconds to refresh.
- Drain, now add it to the reduced sauce, mix and serve in deep pasta bowls.
Gary's top tips: Use any pasta but penne would be perfect! You can replace prosciutto with left over gammon pieces, bacon or ham. Replace the prosciutto with courgettes and cherry tomatoes and the cream with tinned chopped tomatoes for a healthier dish!