Simple, tasty, figure friendly, family favourite, lunchbox filler, freezes well - this recipe from Rozanne Stevens ticks all the boxes.
- 15 g flora light, melted
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1litre low salt vegetable stock
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 x 400 g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Heat the Flora Light in a large pot and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the cinnamon and sweet potato and stir well to coat the sweet potato.
- Add the stock, chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Blitz with a handheld blender until smooth. Add the tin of chickpeas and heat through. If the soup is too thick for your liking, thin down with boiling water. Season to taste.
More by Rozanne Stevens:
- Chicken Wholegrain Rolls: Food on the Go!
- Spiced Citrus Cake: Something for the Weekend
- Monica's Berry Baileys Meringue Roulade