A beautiful Mediterranean dish.
- 4 'nests' of tagliatelle
- 1 tin of tuna
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- salt, pepper
- Cook the pasta 'al dente' and rinse thoroughly until cold.
- Open the tin of tuna and drain (if in brine or spring water).
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and place in a bowl with the drained tuna.
- Add the parsley roughly chopped and the diced tomato.
- Season with salt and black pepper and grate in the rind of the lemon.
- Mix the pasta with this and douse generously with olive oil. Adjust the seasoning and add a little lemon juice if required.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes