A tangy salad with succulent pork pieces.
- 6 limes
- 500 g pork fillet
- 1 small red chilli
- nam pla
- 1 bunch of fersh mint leaves
- 100 g roasted peanuts (roughly chopped)
- 4 shallots
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- peanut oil
- 3 tsp rice
- 2 tsp palm or demerara sugar
- First grate the zest of three limes and then juice all six.
- Mix the juice with the sugar, finely chopped chilli, nam pla or fish sauce, tamari and continue to stir until all the sugar has been dissolved.
- Cook the small of amount of rice in boiling water. Trim the pork fillet, slice it and batter it into strips.
- In a hot pan with a little peanut oil sear all the pork very quickly and then remove and keep warm.
- Peel and dice the shallots and place in a large bowl with the herbs, peanuts and pork plus the dressing. Quickly fry the rice in the same oil as the pork until golden and mix in with the rest of the salad.
- Transfer to plates and serve immediately.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes