A delicious starter with unusual ingredients.
- 1 slice of stale bread per person
- 1 slice of goats cheese per person
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 sprig of thyme
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic
- a few leaves of rocket
- pine kernels
- salt, pepper
- Rub the bread all over with the garlic clove and moisten with olive oil on both sides.
- Place the goat's cheese in a small oven dish and drizzle with olive oil. Swirl the honey around it, sprinkle with chilli flakes and a little chopped thyme. Place the pine kernels around the cheese slice.
- Place the cheese under a hot grill and allow to brown but do not let burn. Grill the bread on a grill pan or in a non-stick frying pan on both sides.
- Assemble by placing the grilled bread on a plate; top first with rocket and the toasted pine kernels, then slide the cheese on top, removing the outer rind.
- Add a little crushed black pepper, if desired.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes