This is a very simple and quick dish to prepare
- 400 g penne pasta
- 100 g fresh basil leaves
- 100 g roasted pine nuts
- 120 g parmesan (grated)
- 25 g confit garlic
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- fresh pepper
- 100 g sundried tomatoes
- 75 g pitted kalamata olives
- 40 g shaved parmesan
- To prepare the Pesto:
- Place the first four ingredients in a food processor and blitz adding the oil slowly. Keep in the fridge until needed in a airtight container.
- Cook the penne pasta in seasoned boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve approx 50ml of the cooking liquor.
- To serve:
- Add the olives and tomatoes to the pasta pan with the 50ml of cooking liquor. Add the pasta and coat with the pesto. Taste and season again if necessary. Divide into four warm bowls add the shaved parmesan and some extra virgin olive oil.
More by Brian McCann:
- Penne pasta, Cashel blue cheese, red wine pears, leeks, rocket, hazelnut
- Pear and almond tart
- Rice pudding with spiced apples