The combination of flaky crumble and sweet, moist fruit is delicious!
- for the crumble topping:
- 8 oz plain flour
- 3 oz butter (chilled)
- 4 oz brown sugar
- 2 oz porridge oats
- for the mixed fruit crumble filling:
- 4 plums (stoned and roughly chopped)
- 2 pears (peeled, core removed and chopped)
- water to sprinkle
- blackberries a few handfuls
- brown sugar to taste
- To make the crumble topping:
- Put flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, and using finger tips, rub it into the flour until it is well mixed in. Add the sugar and the porridge oats and mix well.
- To make the crumble filling:
- Mix all the fruits together. Mix in sugar. Spoon into a greased pie dish, or a greased shallow ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the crumble topping and even it out. Cook at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the topping is starting to brown.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox