This goat's cheese bruschetta is an ideal snack or starter.
- 100 g soft goats cheese
- 1 red pepper
- bunch of fresh watercress
- 4 slices of sourdough bread (or ciabatta)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the red pepper on a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and put it in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Then once the pepper is roasted, place in a bowl and cover with cling film (this creates a steam so that it will be easier to peel off the skin) for about 5 minutes.
- Toast the bread and while its toasting remove the peppers from the bowl and peel off the skin, remove the seeds from the inside, and dice the pepper.
- Once the bread has toasted, remove to a serving plate and drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil while the bread is hot so that it will get absorbed in to the bread.
- Then place 3 or 4 leaves of watercress on each slice of bread, followed by a piece of the soft goats cheese, a sprinkle of the diced roasted red pepper and season with salt and pepper - serve straight away!