Edible flowers add a subtle and beautiful touch. Extra Virgin is the only oil to use in this salad!
- for the balsamic dressing (makes about 100ml):
- 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 1.5 tsp honey
- 4 tblsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- for the salad:
- a selection of your favourite salad leaves eg frisee, radicchio, endive, rosso
- 2 sprigs basil leaves
- 5 parsley sprigs
- 1 tblsp pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- edible flowers
- 25-30ml balsamic dressing
- For the Dressing:
- Place all ingredients in a screw topped jar and shake.
- For the Salad:
- Arrange all green leaves and herbs in the salad bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing.
- Sprinkle over the seeds and edible flowers.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio
- DIY Baked potatoes