A twist on a festive favourite.
- for the filling:
- 3 round rice paper sheets
- 100 g smoked salmon (sliced into strips)
- 2 avocados (sliced)
- 1 mango (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch dill (chopped)
- for the pickle:
- 3 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 0.5 a cucumber (ribboned)
- 4 tblsp rice vinegar
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- for the wasabi crème fraiche:
- 120 ml crème fraiche
- 3 tblsp milk
- 0.5 tsp wasabi paste (or to taste)
- 2 tsp chopped dill
- For the Wasabi Crème Fraiche:
- To make the wasabi crème fraiche, stir the wasabi into the milk and add to the crème fraiche. Add the dill.
- For the Pickle:
- Slice the cucumber into ribbons and slice radishes.
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl until sugar is dissolved, then add the cucumber and radishes, toss to combine. Let stand, tossing occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- To Make the Cones:
- Dip one rice paper sheet into a bowl of warm water to soften. Place on a damp board. Cut into quarters.
- Place a little salmon, mango slices, a few cucumber ribbons, slices of avocado, some chopped dill and watercress into each quarter of the wrap.
- Fold and roll, forming a cone.
- Continue with the remaining wraps.
- Place on a serving platter and garnish with dill and serve with wasabi crème fraiche.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Margherita Pizza, Parma Ham & Rocket: Fulvio
- A Day with Catherine Fulvio
- Pavlova: Summer Strawberries, Basil Drizzle