A zingy, sweet and hot fish dish
- 500 g skinless white fish fillets (such as pollock, haddock, cod, plaice or sole, cut into strips 5mm thick)
- juice of 6 limes
- 3 spring onions (trimmed and sliced)
- 150 g cucumber (peeled and cut into 5mm dice)
- 2 avocados (peeled, stone removed and flesh cut into 5mm dice)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- lime slices, to serve
- Place the fish pieces in a large bowl, add the lime juice and mix together, then cover with cling film or a plate and leave in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and mix in the remaining ingredients. Divide between plates, add lime slices and serve.
More by Rachel Allen:
- Steak and watercress bearnaise
- Ivan's chinese crispy mackerel pancakes
- Smocked haddock and cockle soup