- 10 spears of asparagus
- pinch of sugar
- knob of butter
- sun-dried tomato and oregano sauce
- 30 g butter
- 50 g semi-sundried tomatoes
- zest of 1 lemon
- handful of fresh oregano (chopped)
- 4 fillets of john dory (skin on)
- flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- vegetable oil for cooking
- Break the tips off the asparagus and boil in a little water that has a little sugar, butter and salt in it.
- To make the sauce: chop the tomatoes into large chunks. Melt the butter and add the tomatoes to the butter with the lemon zest and the oregano.
- Dip the fish in seasoned flour, and pat off the excess. Heat the pan to very hot and then add some oil.
- Place the fillets skin side down on the pan, and fry the fish for
- 4 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for a further 4 minutes.
- Put the asparagus on a plate.
- Top with the fish and pour the sauce over.
Martin's tips: Use a heavy pan at maximum heat to cook fish. Dip white fish in seasoned flour before pan-frying. Cook oily fish skin side down first, on a very high heat.