- 2 heads chicory
- 2 blood oranges
- 200 g calfs liver (cut in 2.5 cm thick oblong)
- 100 g butter
- tbsp honey
- olive oil
- sherry vinegar
- 1 bunch each of dill, chives, chervil, basil
- plain flour
- 100 ml chicken stock
- castor sugar
- 1 tblsp freah lavender
- 1 fresh green chilli
- Prep chicory, sautee in pan with butter orange and honey.
- De glaze pan with sherry vinegar.
- Add orange juice and reduce.
- Prep fresh orange, mix with herbs and raw chicory leaves.
- Melt sugar for caramel add lavender and chili.
- Pour on baking sheet.
- Prep and flour liver.
- Pan fry liver for 3 mins each side.
- De glaze pan with chicken stock.
- Plate up.
By Clare Anne O'Keefe for MasterChef Ireland.