This is a great option to have for a speedy supper!
- 225 g fillet beef (cut into thin medallions)
- for the sautéed vegetables:
- 12-14 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 6 small baby potatoes (cut into thin slices)
- 75 g mangetout
- 3 tblsp soy sauce
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- for the garlic butter:
- 75 g softened butter
- 1 tblsp chopped parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Slice trimmed fillets of beef into medallions about ½ inch thick.
- Heat a pan until smoking hot. Brush with a little oil.
- Place the medallions of beef on the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes each side - depending on how you like your beef cooked. (Bear in mind that they will cook quickly as they are quite thin).
- Remove the beef from the pan when it is sealed on both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
- Place another little drizzle of oil on the pan and fry off onions, garlic, mangetout and potatoes and mushrooms until almost fully cooked (approximately 5-6 minutes).
- Add in 3 tablespoons soy sauce and continue to cook gently for another moment or two.
- For the Garlic Butter:
- Combine all the ingredients together and store until required.
- Serve the vegetables and potatoes in a large bowl; arrange the beef medallions on top and then a dollop of garlic and herb butter.
- Serve immediately.
Kevin's tip: Flavour the butter with finely diced chilli and coriander.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops