A fantastic combination of flavours to round off any meal, courtesy of www.cookwithavonmore.ie
- 200 ml Avonmore milk
- 200 ml Avonmore cream
- 50 ml orange juice
- 25 ml Grand Marnier
- 2 oranges (juiced & zest)
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 g sugar
- 125 ml milk chocolate
- 175 g dark chocolate
- 2 oranges
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 tub of avonmore whipped cream
- 1 punnet of fresh raspberries
- Boil the cream, milk, orange juice, zest, 25g sugar, Grand Marnier and allow to infuse for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg and egg yolks with the remaining sugar together.
- Pour the cream mixture through a sieve onto the egg mixture removing the zest. Whisk to ensure everything is mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into a heavy based pot and slowly cook over a low heat until it thickens slightly.
- When thick pour over the chocolate, mix well and divide into the serving dishes.
- Peel and cut the orange into segments and mix with some chopped mint and spoon on top.
- Add a few fresh raspberries and a spoon of Avonmore cream.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch