- 125 g dark chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tblsp water
- 350 ml avonmore cream
- 250 g fresh strawberries
- Mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and place over a pot of boiling water until its melted, then remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl add the egg plus one yolk with a tablespoon of water and place over the boiling water. Continually whisk until the egg mixture (sabayon) has doubled in volume.
- Mix the sabayon and the chocolate together and allow to cool but not completely cold.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold the cream into the chocolate mixture with a spatula taking great care not to knock the air out of the mousse.
- Finely slice the strawberries and arrange around the base of your serving glass. Spoon the mousse into the centre and top with some chunkier strawberry pieces.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and refrigerate until serving.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say