You might need a padlock for the jar...
- 100 g butter
- 1 g saffron
- 2 eggs
- 140 g sugar
- 300 g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Melt the butter together with the saffron in a saucepan. While it's melting, whisk the eggs until combined and then whisk in the butter and saffron mix.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and fold into the wet mix.
- Form the dough into 3 long sausage shapes, pressing out the air, and put them on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Bake them in the middle of the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
- Take out the baking tray and lower the oven to 125°C.
- Cut them into 1cm thick slices and put back on the tray.
- Cook the biscotti in the middle of your oven for approximately 15 minutes until they are dry, crisp and crumbly.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Sunday Brunch: Fridge Leftovers Frittata
- Donal Skehan's Fish & Chips recipe
- My Perfect Scrambled Eggs