A delicious rabbit dish served with orzo pasta and rocket pesto
- 1 rabbit saddle
- 400 g orzo pasta
- 100 g sliced parma ham
- 250 g rocket leaves
- 150 g pecorino cheese
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large sliced onion
- Begin by removing the loins and fillet from the rabbit bone. Season them lightly and fry on a high heat until golden brown all over. Remove from the pan and wrap each loin along with 1 fillet in a slice or two of parma ham. Place in the oven at 180 degrees for 4-5mins. Once cooked allow this to rest for a few minutes before carving.
- Cook the orzo in a large pot of boiling water with a little olive oil. Once cooked strain and return to the hot pot. Now grate in 2/3 of the cheese and fold in 2/3 of the rocket.
- With the remaining 1/3 cheese, 1/3 rocket, garlic and olive oil make a pesto by blending with a hand blender.
- Fry the onion on a pan until it has caramelized.
- Cut the rabbit into 3 and place each piece on a small bed of fried onion. Line the orzo pasta along the plate and top with any extra parma ham you have (you could fry this for added texture).
- Now drizzle the plate with a little of the rocket pesto.
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce