The sweetest of treats for guests - or just yourself!
- 180 g sugar
- 200 ml double cream
- 200 ml golden syrup
- 1 tblsp cocoa powder
- 2 tblsp butter
- Mix the sugar, double cream, syrup and cocoa powder into a heavy based pot with high sides.
- Bring to the boil without the lid and stir occasionally until it reaches 122°C on a candy thermometer, or test it by pouring a few drops of the mix into a glass of ice cold water and move the glass to form a small ball. If it's done, it should stay in the ball shape and be really hard. Cooking time: approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir through.
- Pour the mix into a jug with a fine spout then pour it into tiny cake cases (about 2cm in diameter)
- Leave the mixture to cool completely and store in the fridge.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Donal Skehan's Creme Brulee Doughnuts
- Butterscotch Pudding: One for the grown ups!
- Treacle Beef Ribs, Cheesy Polenta: Donal Skehan