Even kitchen misfits can make this!
- 1 l red wine
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 10 cardamom pods
- 3 tblsp caster sugar
- Place all the ingredients for the mulled wine into a large pot and place over a medium-high heat. Bring to a steady simmer, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve and serve the wine warm in glasses with almonds and raisins.
More by Donal Skehan:
- My Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers: Lunch/Dinner sorted