A flavoursome side dish, with minimal hassle.
- 1 small butternut squash/pumpkin (700g – wash, peel & deseed and chop into bite size pieces)
- 3 medium parsnips (500g – wash & dice into bite-size pieces)
- 4 medium carrots (400g – was & dice into bite-size pieces)
- 2 medium beetroots (300g – wash & dice into bite-size pieces)
- 3 medium red onion (300g – peel and slice into half moon)
- 1 head of garlic (separate out cloves but not necessary to peel)
- 2 tblsp dried mixed herbs (few sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme)
- 8 tblsp olive oil
- 3/4 tbsp of salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Put all the prepped veg on a baking tray. Add the salt, the pepper, the olive oil, 3 sprigs of the herbs and mix thoroughly so all veg gets a nice covering of oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees and bake for 25 – 30 minutes - until veg well baked through and sweet and soft and smells divine.
- Garnish with some more rosemary and thyme sprigs – place on whole sprigs or take leaves off sprigs.
The Happy Pear's tips: Chop the veg into bite size pieces so you get different flavours in each bite! Take the roasted garlic out of its skin once cooked so it will taste even sweeter!
More by The Happy Pear:
- Golden Milk, Hearty drink: The Happy Pear
- Asparagus, mushrooms & kale: Happy Pear, Today
- Mexican Leek and Black Bean Chilli with Happy Pear Guacamole