- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp honey
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the carrots and parsnips in a roasting tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Place in the oven to cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, give a little shake and dot with little knobs of butter and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with the cardamom when the honey is added.
- Place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes until tender and caramelised.
- Serve straight away.