Catherine Fulvio cooks up this easy and flavoursome fish dish.
- 100 g chorizo (sliced)
- 600 g new potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 175 g fillets of fresh cod (per person)
- 1 orange (zest only)
- 2 tsp mild paprika (smoked if possible)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil (plus extra to drizzle)
- 2 tblsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish with lid and sauté the chorizo for 2 minutes until it start to release its oils.
- Add the sliced potatoes and garlic to the chorizo. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and 300ml of the vegetable stock. Turn down the heat and cook for 15 minutes until the potatoes are just cooked. Lift occasionally with a fish slice to prevent sticking.
- Mix together the orange zest, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper and sprinkle generously over the fish. Place on top of the potatoes along with the chopped parsley and cherry tomatoes.
- Cover the casserole dish with a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Catherine's Tips: Use charlotte potatoes if new potatoes are out of season. Replace the chorizo and potatoes with cannellini beans and chopped chilli!
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Margherita Pizza, Parma Ham & Rocket: Fulvio
- A Day with Catherine Fulvio
- Pavlova: Summer Strawberries, Basil Drizzle