Why not end your festive meal in indulgence, with this quick, simple and (relatively) light Chocolate mousse
- 100 g dark chocolate (broken into pieces, or dark chocolate drops)
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2-3 tbsp brandy
- 2 eggs
- 250 g mascarpone
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and allow to melt, then remove from the heat.
- Add the sugar, brandy and eggs and, using a hand-held electric beater, whisk for 5 minutes or until the outside of the bowl has cooled down to tepid.
- Whisk in the mascarpone for a few seconds, just until combined. (The mousse will thicken once the mascarpone has been mixed in.) Divide between the glasses, cups or bowls and serve straightaway or chill to use later.
More by Rachel Allen:
- Milk Ice Cream: A little DIY, A lot of Taste
- Chocolate Meringue Cake: A serious picnic bonus
- Fennel, pink grapefruit, feta salad: Rachel Allen