Why not try these unusual savory muffins from the ICA?
- 1 lb 450g plain flour
- 1 oz 25g butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 oz 150g roughly grated cheese (wensleydale or cheddar)
- 1 oz sundried tomatoes chopped
- 4 oz bacon diced and cooked
- 2 tblsp parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tblsp olive oil /
- ¾ pt milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter chopped into small dice.
- Add the cheese, bacon, tomatoes, parsley and seasoning. Mix well.
- Mix the oil, milk and eggs together and add to the flour mixture.
- This when mixed will form a soft dough (be careful not to over mix)
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin tins, which have been greased and dusted with flour.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15 – 20 mins. 200°C 400°F No 6 Gas.
- These freeze well and are ideal for packed lunches