An Italian take on the traditional Christmas trifle
- 3 poached pears, sliced into wedges
- 8 slices panettone
- 100 ml natural yoghurt
- 100 g mascarpone
- 100 ml cream
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 5 tblsp icing sugar
- 3 tblsp amaretto
- 100 ml poaching syrup from pears
- 2 tblsp pistachio nuts, chopped
- Lightly whip the yoghurt, cream, mascarpone, lemon and icing sugar.
- Layer a few slices of pear first in pretty glasses, spoon over the lemon yogurt cream.
- Combine the poaching syrup and amaretto.
- Add a layer of panettone, drizzle over some amaretto / pear poaching juice, a few nuts and continue layering, ending with the yoghurt mascarpone cream.
- Decorate with pear slices and a few nuts.
Catherine's top tips: When poaching the pears, add a few pieces of lemon zest, this adds flavour and stops discolouration. Replace the mascarpone with ricotta for a lighter cream mix
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Brussels Sprouts With Butter (or Cannellini) Beans
- Christmas Bombe with Cranberry and Cointreau Sauce
- Veggie Christmas: Butternut Squash, Sage Risotto