- 3 medium red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 thumb sized pieces of ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 tblsp thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 450 g demerara sugar
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar – llewellyn’s balsamic cider vinegar, dublin, fallon & byrne
- 100 ml red wine vinegar
- 1kg of tomatoes (approx 16 tomatoes)
- The original quantities are doubled here, as I prefer to make a larger batch. In this case you really need to sterilise the jars you use in order for the jam to last longer.
- To sterilise the jars and lids really the simplest way is to put them through a dishwasher cycle and make sure not to touch the inside of the jar and lid.
- This recipe makes approximately 1 litre of jam; I distributed this amongst a variety of jars.
- You can check what fits by filling them before hand with 1 litre of water from a measuring jug.