With roast cherry tomatoes and feta
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp runny honey
- 100 g irish feta cheese
- 5 pitted black olives, quartered
- 50 g plain flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 40 g chilled butter, diced
- 50 g mature cheddar, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F/Gas 4). Place the flour, a pinch of salt and cayenne, butter and Cheddar in a food processor and pulse to form a smooth dough. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 5mm (1/4") thickness and stamp out 40 rounds with a 4cm (1 1/2") fluted pastry cutter.
- Place the dough rounds on parchment lined baking sheets 2cm (3/4in) apart and chill for 30 minutes. Bake for 8 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200C (400F/Gas 6). Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and arrange cut-side up in a baking tin. Drizzle over the olive oil and honey and season to taste. Roast for 20 minutes until well softened and lightly charred. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- To serve, top each Cheddar shortbread with a roasted cherry tomato half and crumble over a little feta. Garnish with the olives and arrange on a platter.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine: Alternative Easter dinner
- Fragrant Pork, Thai Red Curry: Neven Maguire