Try out this nutty, grainy loaf to give you a slow release of energy from breakfast till lunch!
- 150 g wholemeal flour
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g chopped nuts (brazil, pecan, hazelnuts, almonds)
- 50 g linseeds
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp bread soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 225 ml buttermilk
- 75 ml sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and flour a 1lb (9x3”) tin.
- Place the flours, nuts, seeds, salt, baking powder, and bread soda into a large bowl.
- Beat the egg in a jug. Add the buttermilk and oil.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the liquid mix.
- Stir with a wooden spoon or your hand until just combined.
- Pour into the tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the loaf will happily come out of the tin.
Lilly's top tips: Toast the nuts before you add them!