This dessert is perfect for a cold winter's day and of course you could use honey instead of the golden syrup. It would also be delicious served with some custard.yum.
- 50 g butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 4 large ripe pears
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 25 g walnuts (finely chopped)
- 4 tblsp golden syrup
- lightly whipped double cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F/Gas 6) and butter a dish large enough to take the pears in a single layer.
- Peel the pears and then cut each one in half and using a teaspoon scoop out the cores. Toss in the lemon juice to prevent them from going brown.
- Place the butter in a bowl and beat in the walnuts then use the mixture to fill the cavities of the pear halves. Drizzle over the golden syrup and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pears are softened and the sauce at the bottom of the dish is bubbling.
- Arrange the pear halves on plates and spoon over the sauce, then add a spoonful of the whipped double cream
More by Neven Maguire:
- The Today Show: Neven Maguire's Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Neven Maguire style
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show