A simple dish to make over the weekend.
- stewing beef pieces
- soy sauce
- pok choy
- string beans
- cashew nuts
- red chilli
- stock cube
- If you are using a cheap cut of beef such as a stewing beef then cut it up into nice thin strips. They will cook quickly and will be nice and tender.
- Prepare all the other vegetable so that you are ready to put everything into your wok or saucepan once the oil is heated.
- Pour some vegetable stock into a pot and put in your pok choy. Cover with a lid, this only needs a few minutes to cook.
- Use vegetable or sunflower oil, heat your wok or pan and then put the oil in, when it is nice and hot throw in your garlic, chilli and beef.
- Sauté for a few minutes until there is colour in the beef and add in the string beans.
- Next add a few dashes of soy sauce and a squeeze of honey to add sweetness.
- Keep moving around the mix and finally add in your cashew nuts.
- Remove the pok choy from the pot shaking off any water.
- Place it on your plate and serve the beef stir-fry on top.
- You could serve this dish with a rice of your choice.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show