Add or subtract different spices to customise to your taste.
- 2 cup basmati brown rice
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 0.5 a chilli, chopped finely (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 0.5 a lime sliced into segments
- 4 cup water
- Fry the garlic, cumin seed and chilli at a high heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and add the rice, lime, salt and fry for another minute.
- Add the water, turn the heat up high and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling turn down and leave simmer until the water has boiled off.
More by The Happy Pear:
- Golden Milk from The Happy Pear
- Asparagus, mushrooms & kale: Happy Pear, Today
- Mexican Leek and Black Bean Chilli with Happy Pear Guacamole