- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 0.50 a fresh chilli optional (take seeds out or put in less if don't like spicy taste)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 0.25 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.50 tsp ground cumin
- 2 medium leeks, washed and chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, slice lengthwise finely
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1.50 tsp honey
- juice of half a lime
- handful of fresh coriander, to serve
- Fry onion and garlic at medium heat for 5 minutes, add leeks, peppers, cumin seed and salt and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices, black beans and chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Add salt, pepper and honey - turn up heat to high until it starts to boil.
- Once boiling, turn down heat to low and leave simmer for a further 10 minutes; taste and further season before enjoying!
Add some corn for more colour and an even fresher look.