A great weekend dish
- handful of broad beans
- 2-3 jerusalem artichokes
- 250 g or a small packet of tofu
- 1 big sweet potato
- handful of unsalted cashew and pine nuts
- 2 tblsp sesame oil
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- drizzle of honey
- stick of lemon grass
- thumb size piece of ginger
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Toast the pine nuts and cashew nuts in a pan until they start to colour, no oil is needed for this.
- Chop up the sweet potato and Jerusalem artichokes and pop them on a tray with a drizzle of oil. Bake them in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15-20 mins or until tender.
- Put some noodles in a pot of water and cook as per the cooking instructions on the packet.
- Cook the garlic, ginger and lemon grass in a hot pan at a high heat for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped tofu which you can marinade in 2 tbsp of soy, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and a squeeze of honey in advance.
- Cook the ingredients in the pan for a few minutes before adding in your broad beans.
- When the sweet potato and Jerusalem artichoke are ready pop them in the pan and mix everything together.
- Add in your noodles and let them soak up all the juices. Add more soy and sesame oil to taste.
- Throw the toasted nuts in at the last minute and reserve a few to garnish!
- Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: This recipe is marked as vegan, however it does contain honey. Noodles can be included if you wish.
More by The Happy Pear:
- Golden Milk from The Happy Pear
- Asparagus, mushrooms & kale: Happy Pear, Today
- Mexican Leek and Black Bean Chilli with Happy Pear Guacamole