A delicious starter for a weekend dinner party!
- soft cheese such as st. killian's
- 100 g raisins
- 100 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g vinegar
- 1 diced apple
- for the apple and potato rosti with black pudding:
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 apple
- a few slices of black pudding
- 50 g flour
- 50 g butter
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tblsp mustard
- Buy a nice soft cheese, we used St. Killian’s cheese for today’s recipe but any soft cheese will do.
- Place the cheese in a ramekin or oven proof dish and place in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes depending on your oven, until it is warm and gooey.
- Melt the butter in a pot and add the raisins, sugar and vinegar.
- Add the apple slices and allow to cook for 10 – 15 minutes until soft.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Cut a loaf of bread into slices and spread a little olive oil and sea salt on top.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees
- Now pop some chutney on top of your cheese and dunk in your crostini!
- For the Apple and Potato Rosti with Black Pudding:
- Grate the apple and potatoes, squeeze them together in your hand getting rid of the excess water.
- Spread on to a non stick pan and season with salt and papper.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Heat the sliced black pudding in the oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees.
- For the Mustard dressing: Put the flour, butter, milk and mustard into a pot and heat up, that’s it!
More by Garry Hughes:
- Roast Chump of Curragh Lamb with Kale and Greens
- Gin & Tonic Salmon
- Seared Cod, bean and sausage Stew