- 300 g passion fruit purée
- 450 g icing sugar
- 9 eggs
- 300 ml cream
- Warm up the passion fruit purée with icing sugar and mix until the icing sugar is dissolved.
- Add the eggs and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the cream and mix for 30 seconds.
- Strain all the ingredients through a thin chinois. Leave the mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
- Skim the top of the mixture to remove any froth with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture over a pre-cooked tart and cook at 120 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the mixture looks set in the oven.
- Leave to cool before serving.
Always cook a tart mixture at a low temperature so the eggs don't overcook. Warming up the fruit purée helps to dissolve the icing sugar. Leave the tart to cool before putting in the fridge so the top doesn't crack.