A delicious gluten free dessert.
- 6 large eggs separated
- 6 oz caster sugar
- 5 oz dark chocolate (55%)
- 1 oz cornflour
- 2 tblsp cold water
- 10 floz double cream
- 4 oz dark chocolate (70%)
- 0.5 oz cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 175C. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and egg yolks until pale. Break chocolate into heat-proof bowl, add water and melt on low heat.
- Add cornflour and coco powder to sugar and egg yolks and beat until well incorporated, then mix in the melted chocolate.
- In three stages add egg whites to the chocolate mix, folding very gently
- Pour mixture into two lightly greased cake tins lined with baking parchment. Bake for 20 mins and allow to cool in the tins
- For The Filling
- Heat cream and chocolate together and mix well. Allow to cool and place in the fridge for 4 hours. Remove from fridge and whip until thick.
- Spread filling over one half and on top. Decorate with chocolate shapes.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox