Make a basic pesto sauce.
- 50 g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 g fresh basil leaves
- 150 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 150 ml olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Put the pine nuts, garlic and basil into a food processor or blender and puree until it becomes a thick green paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the cheese and lemon juice.
- Slowly add the olive oil, beating all the time.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.