With Glazed Butternut Squash and Cured Bacon
- 4 duck breast
- 1 butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 200 g cured bacon (cut, blanched and cubed)
- 4 large shallots (peeled and halfed)
- 1 table spoon of honey
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 50 g chopped fresh sage
- 50 g chopped fresh thyme
- 1 large bunch of rocket leaves
- Put butternut squash, shallot and bacon in bowl.
- Add orange, lime, olive oil, butter, sage and thyme, season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Toss all ingredients together and spread onto a roasting tray and bake in oven (180°C) until tender 15/20minutes.
- Place duck breast skin side down on a cold heavy frying pan.
- Place on high heat until crisp, 5 minutes.
- Turn duck breast over and reduce heat, cook for a further 3/5 mins. This will allow to cook the duck Pink, cook longer for medium and well done.
- Allow the duck breast to rest and carve length ways. Spoon the vegetables onto four serving plates. Place duck on top with rocket leaves, drizzle with olive oil.
- TIP: Before cooking duck breast, rub skin with sea salt for extra crispiness.
- Cooking the duck skin side down on a cold pan also helps the skin to cook through.