A great snack for the summer months.
- 200 g goats cheese
- 2 peaches
- 1 baguette
- olive oil
- 1 tblsp hazelnut oil
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp water
- 0.5 diced shallot
- 20 g hazelnuts
- 1 head frisse salad
- 1 tblsp chopped chives
- Slice the baguette into thin slices and drizzle with olive oil and bake for 6-8 mins at 180°C until golden.
- When they have cooled down, top with a slice of the goats cheese and leave to one side.
- For the peach, cut each peach into six, dust with icing sugar and place under the grill until they start to caramelise.
- To make the hazelnut dressing mix the oils & vinegar, whisk in the water and finally add the copped shallots, season and put in sealable jar and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- To serve, warm up the crostini in the oven until the cheese starts to melt. Dress the Frisse and chopped chives with hazelnut dressing and arrange into 3 neat piles on each plate.
- Top with a slice of caramelised peach and then the warm crostini.
- Finally sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and serve.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon