Neven Maguire teams Ricotta Ravioli with Swiss Chard, Parmesan Shavings and Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 swiss or ruby chard leaves, tough stalks removed (if unavailable use 100g (4oz) tender young spinach leaves)
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh basil
- 24 wonton wrappers (thawed if frozen)
- a little plain flour (for dusting)
- a little egg wash (for brushing)
- extra-virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- 25 g wild rocket
- 4 tblsp toasted pine nuts
- 25 g parmesan (pared into shavings)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and saute the onion and garlic for about for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the Swiss or ruby chard and cook for 2-3 minutes until just wilted, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
- Squeeze out any excess moisture from the Swiss chard mixture and then finely chop. Place in a bowl and stir in the ricotta cheese and basil. Season to taste and mix well to combine.
- Place 12 wonton wrappers on a lightly floured work surface and spoon a heaped teaspoon of the Swiss chard mixture into centre of each one. Brush around edges with egg wash and then carefully cover with the remaining wonton wrappers, pressing gently to shape into ravioli. You can use a small fluted cutter to shape each ravioli, if liked and discard the leftover scraps of wonton pastry.
- To cook the ravioli, Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and then add the ravioli and cook for about 2 minutes until just cooked through and floating at the top of the pan. Drain well and arrange on warmed plates. Drizzle over the extra-virgin olive oil and scatter over the wild rocket, then sprinkle the toasted pine nuts and Parmesan shavings on top.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Hotcakes with Mango, Banana Sauté: Neven Maguire
- Creme Pots with Seasonal Berries: Neven Maguire
- Crispy Salmon, Pomegranate, Couscous: Neven