Neven Maguire serves up a fish feast!
- 2 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50 g raw chorizo sausage (skinned and diced)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 225 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh fennel
- 4 150g skinless hake fillets (pin bones removed)
- 20 large clams (such as palourd)
- 4 tblsp fino sherry
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tblsp dijon mustard
- 1 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tblsp light olive oil
- 150 g wild rocket
- maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Heat one tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil in a heavy-based pan. Add the chorizo and sauté for 2-3 minutes until sizzling. Stir in the garlic and cook until softened, then tip in the cherry tomatoes with the sugar and paprika. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the cherry tomatoes have just begun to split, the remove from the heat. Stir in the fennel and season tot taste.
- Make the largest circle you can from a roll of non-stick parchment paper (you will need four in total). Divide the cherry tomato mixture between the four circles ensuring it is nice and central. Place a piece of hake on top of each one followed by five clams and a tablespoon of sherry. Season to taste, then bring the two sides of each circle together and then fold over to form a loose parcel.
- Place on a hot baking sheet and cook for 6-8 minutes until the hake is tender and all of the clams have opened; discard any that do not.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until very hot. Grill the sourdough bread for about one minute on each side or until lightly charred and toasted. Drizzle with the remaining extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the Maldon sea salt.
- To make the dressing, whisk the mustard with the lemon juice in a small bowl and then slowly add the light olive oil until you have a smooth emulsion. Season to taste. Place the rocket in a bowl and pour over enough of the dressing to lightly coat the leaves.
- To serve, place a parcel onto each warmed plate with some lightly dressed rocket and a piece of grilled sourdough bread.
More by Neven Maguire:
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Neven Maguire style
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show
- Moroccan Lamb Tagine: Alternative Easter dinner