- good quality pasta
- mascarpone cheese
- grated parmesan or peccorino
- Boil the pasta until it is deliciously al dente and pour off the water.
- Shake it loose in the colander and add the mascarpone. This creamy Italian cheese is actually more like a thick double cream and it can be substituted with thick cream or crême frâiche.
- Let it rest a few moments to run through the pasta and then grate in the zest of a lemon to give it a bit of zing.
- It’s lovely to eat fresh, but easy enough to heat up later if you feel peckish.
- To Serve:
- Add some grated parmesan or pecorino.