- 2 sheets dried seaweed (nori) toasted
- 1 avocado
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 cup prepared sushi rice
- 1 tsp lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 12 sugar peas
- 90 g poached white fish cut into strips or smoked salmon
- Cut the seaweed sheets in half.
- Peel and pit the avocado and cut the flesh into strips.
- Peel the cucumber, slice lengthwise and discard the seeds.
- Cut the flesh into strips.
- Spread each portion of seaweed with a quarter cup of the prepared rice, sprinkle a few of the sesame seeds over the rice, then place a quarter of the cucumber strips and 3 sugar peas on the sesame seeds.
- Arrange a quarter of the white fish strips on top of each portion, then add a quarter of the avocado.
- Using both hands, roll up the seaweed lengthwise to encase the rice.
- Cut each roll into 2in/5cm portions and arrange on a platter.
- Serve with pickled ginger and Japanese horseradish.
- This is most enjoyable eaten with your fingers!