A delicious curry from Dr Eva Orsmond.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150 g chicken breast
- 125 g large fennel
- 100 g carrot
- 70 g green pepper
- 70 g red pepper
- 70 g red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 ml tin light coconut milk
- ½ tsp green curry paste
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 2cm piece ginger (or galangal if available)
- 1 tsp ground mustard seeds
- juice of half a lime
- 50 g portion of fine egg noodles
- Peel carrot and onion. Remove leaves and bad parts of fennel. Slice both red and green pepper in two and use bottom halves.
- Slice chicken breast using sharp scissors or a knife. Peel and cut garlic. Peel and grate either galangal or ginger.
- Use a wok or a large non-stick pan. Measure out oil. When it starts getting hot add vegetables, starting with carrots. Stir frequently.
- Add chicken and spices and stir well.
- Shake the tin of coconut milk vigorously, as it tends to settle. Measure out the portion used, and pour over chicken and vegetables when they are almost cooked.
- Cook noodles according to instructions and serve.