A quick and tasty trout casserole perfect for all the family.
- 12 slices streaky bacon (rinds removed)
- 4 medium-sized trout (cleaned and with the eyes removed)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tblsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Cover the bottom of a large ovenproof casserole with the bacon slices and set aside.
- Lay the trout on a wooden board and rub them all over with the salt and pepper.
- Arrange the fish, head to tail, on top of the bacon and sprinkle over the lemon juice and chives.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and serve immediately.