Healthy without compromising on taste and texture.
- 120 g lemon sole fillets (x4, skinned)
- 2 diced shallots
- 100 ml white wine
- dash olive oil extra virgin
- lemon juice
- 100 g baby spinach
- 4 small free-range eggs
- dash malt vinegar
- bunchchopped chives
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- In a shallow pan, place the diced shallots and the seasoned fillets of lemon sole.
- Next add the white wine and a dash of olive oil, cover with a lid and cook gently on the stove top, three minutes approx. Bring some water to the boil in a deep pot add the malt vinegar and poach the four eggs, soft, two minutes.
- Wash and dry the baby spinach and dress with olive oil and lemon juice season lightly.
- Remove the fish and drain on kitchen towel. Reduce the cooking liquid by half and whisk in the mustard and chives, and correct seasoning.
- To serve, place the leaves in the centre of the plate, the fish next and the egg on top, drizzle the sauce around.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce