Tender lamb combined with chunks of potato and carrots.
- 900 g neck of lamb (on the bone)
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 tblsp tomato puree
- 1 l lamb stock
- 3 roughly sliced carrots
- 450 g spuds (peeled and cut into big chunks)
- 1 tblsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tblsp oil to fry
- 8 x 150g lamb loin cannons (fully trimmed)
- oil and butter to fry
- chopped rosemary
- Heat the oil in a pan, then brown the meat, remove.
- Fry the onion and carrot for 2 mins.
- Add tomato puree, cook 6 mins.
- Put the meat back in and add the liquid, cover and cook for 2 and half hours until very tender.
- When the scouse is cooked, rub oil onto the fillets, season well and seal all over in a hot pan, add a little butter, then cook for about 6 mins per piece at 200°C. Allow to rest and toss in rosemary
- To serve spoon some of the delicious scouse on to a plate/bowl, carve a lamb fillet and sit on top.