- 4 trout (medium-size, skinned and filleted)
- for the marinade:
- 2 oranges (juice and zest)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 tblsp sea salt
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh dill
- ½ bottle dry white wine
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Slice the fish fillets thinly across in bite-sized slivers.
- Lay the fish in the marinade, making sure that all of it is covered, and leave to marinate for 24 hours.
- Serve with chunks of brown bread and butter.